Monday, February 11, 2013

The Scary Black Hole.

For whatever reason, I am having trouble falling asleep tonight, and can't stop thinking about the big black hole... That's what it looked like. The day we found out. No embryo, just a big, black, empty sack. A site I wish I could forget.

I gave myself time to grieve, which I did. I usually do not dwell on things, and certainly have tried not to dwell on this, but sometimes you just gotta let go, and let God. So that's tonight. 

One of the reasons that I started this blog was to connect with other sunshine baby momma's (as I call them). Although miscarriage happens about 25% of the time in early pregnancy (according to my OB/GYN), I feel sometimes as if we're alone in this sad memory. Even though I know we are not alone and have not been alone, it truly is something that no one can understand unless you have been there. And each person's situation is totally different.

I have had so many women share their stories... women who I did not even realize had something so tragic happen to them. Women who miscarried early, women who delivered full-term, women who experienced every type of loss you can imagine. It truly breaks my heart that I did not know what was happening or comfort them as much as I should have during their time of loss. 

I am so grateful for all of the wonderful people who have done nothing but support us, love us, and lift us up. 

I am especially grateful for my wonderful husband, my bestie, my jokester. I truly believe that we were put on earth together for a purpose. I am so lucky God chose him for me. He was so strong for me when I couldn't be. I'll never forget having to send him to Walgreens to get the medicine to start the process, and he came home with tons of goodies to make it easier for me. I was so grateful. He even called the doctor in the middle of the night to make sure what was happening was normal, and she reassured him. What can I say, I love that man.

I'm going to finish this post with a few verses that have helped me along the way. Feel free to comment or leave a Scripture verse that has helped you, and maybe it will touch someone's heart as well.

“He will make everything beautiful in its time” (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
(This scripture was posted on http://therowefam.blogspot.com/p/reeses-story.html)
It is a beautiful story about sweet baby Reese, who is also a Sunshine baby.

"Don't be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10).

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us". (Romans 8:18)

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because, when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3

"May the God of peace . . . equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Hebrews 13:20-21

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18




No comments:

Post a Comment