Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Fun!



We have been a little busy this summer, and I am way behind on blogging!

We started off the summer with Whitney's wedding in June, which was absolutely gorgeous!! Her pictures are still being edited by my mom, who is photographer, but I will post some later when they are ready!

Me and my hubby celebrated our 5th wedding Anniversary this year! Time has completely flown by, and it does not seem like it's been that long. This has definitely been one of the hardest and best years all wrapped into one. Of course the miscarriage was pretty much the worst experience we could possibly imagine, but looking back, it was definitely a happy and exciting time as well. We also bought a new house this year and have LOVED every minute of it! We were worried about living in a subdivision, but we actually like it a lot better! We don't have to worry about tree limbs falling on the house, or our crazy ex-neighbors waking us up every morning with their ATV's! We are still out in the country and it's usually very quite and peaceful. We love it!

My hubby surprised me BIG time with these beautiful earrings for our anniversary! He picked them out with a little help :) They are 1ct brilliant cut, which is close to a round cut. He did very good :)



Here's one pic of our house... I'll have to do a home tour in another post with  more pictures!


The pond and fishing dock in our neighborhood


Here's a pic of me with Kenley and Erica at Grumpy's watching Brooke and Faith's band play! We love having an excuse to hang out ;)


We went camping at Mountain Harbor for my birthday at the end of June, and the weather was perfect! Camping is one of our favorite things to do, so we try to take full advantage of the beautiful lakes in the summer!




Adam surprised me with some new sunnies for the lake! My old ones were scratched, so I was very glad to get some new ones!


Love sunsets at the lake...


We celebrated my birthday later at Cajun's Wharf with some friends. I didn't really take any pictures, but one of my friends made this cute photo collage!


Stacey and I went shopping in Dallas the weekend of July 4th! We only got lost ONE time, which is a huge accomplishment for us :) We got Ryann's new toddler bed from Ikea, along with a whole bunch of other random stuff that we probably didn't need! We also ate dinner one night at the Melting Pot, which I loooove and wish we had one here! It's basically a 3-course meal that is all fondue...and it's AMAZ-ing :)

Here's a pic from our first night. We had dinner on a rooftop bar at Gator's that overlooked the downtown area! It was a pretty fun place! You can't see it now, but Baby Boone is in Stacey's belly!! I think she was about 14 weeks at this time! 


Here is a pic of the rooftop at Gator's looking towards the city..I could totally live in Dallas!! Southern Atmosphere + City = Yes please!


I have to brag on my friend Stacey for just a minute, only because I'm SO proud of her! She has been my best friend/sister since we were about 11 or 12. It's embarrassing to say, but I think our first thing we did as friends was go to a Britney Spears concert! lol! Anyway, that tells you how old we are :) 

She is now 19 weeks pregnant and on top of that, she raises a toddler, works full time, cooks healthy meals for her family, exercises regularly, never complains about any of her pregnancy pains/reflux/you name it, and pretty much is a rockstar mom and wife! I hope one day I'll be a mom like her! She's my hero :)

I will post pics of our Fort Walton vacation later!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment